Infant Development Programme
Do you have questions or concerns about your child's development?
Check out our Infant Development Programme Handbook and Intake Referral Form:
Infant Development Programme assists families with children birth to 3 years who:
- Have a diagnosis
- Have a developmental delay or are at risk for delay in one or more skill area.
How can we help?
- Provide strategies and resources to encourage development
- Assessments, developmental checklists
- Opportunities for families to network
- Family support
- Assistance with the transition to preschool
- Referrals to and cooperation with other services.
- Acquire skills to encourage child’s development
- Empower families to make effective decisions with respect to their child
- Encourage families to make optimum use of available medical, family support and therapies.
- Home visits
- Weekly Playgroup sessions
- Daycare, community program, etc.
How do I access IDP services?
Referrals to the Infant Development Programme may come from any source:
- Parents or guardians
- Community health nurses
- Social workers
For more information, please call Cora Boecker, IDP Supervisor, at 604-534-1155 ext 108.
IDP Playgroup Locations, Schedules and Calendars:
- Thursdays, 10-11:15 am
- Langley Child Development Centre
- #103-5171 221A Street, Langley
- Free parking in designated LCDC stalls.
Walnut Grove Playgroup:
- Fridays, 10-11:15 am
- West Langley Hall
- 9402 208 Street, Walnut Grove
- Free parking
Aldergrove Playgroup: Note: Aldergrove playgroup has been temporarily cancelled due to low attendance
IDP Playgroup Calendars:
Playgroup start up dates for January 2013 school year are:
- Langley - January 10, 2013
- Walnut Grove - January 11, 2013
- Aldergrove - January 15, 2012
To ensure compatibility we recommend downloading the most recent version of Adobe PDF Reader
The Infant Development Programme is funded by the Ministry of Children and Family Development. There are no fees for this service.